Vans MTE is the byproduct of a lifetime spent outdoors, because we know that the pursuit of your passions isn’t always accompanied by a fair-weather forecast. Rain, sleet, snow, mud, wind-nothing is going to stand between you and your next adventure. In fact, we like to think these all add a bit of flavor to the experience. It’s why we created MTE in the first place.
Activity-inspired and purpose-built, the Old Skool MTE-1 builds upon our legendary sidestripe shoe with MTE-1 architecture so that you can stay protected from the elements with Vans classic styling. Delivering on a new promise of an all-weather shoe, this heritage silhouette features enhanced thermoregulation properties, the new HydroGuard Wrap for moisture management, a lightweight single-density UltraCush™ footbed, and our classic all-conditions rubber in a reverse waffle pattern for traction that keeps you covered from city streets to the uncharted outdoors. Finished with durable water repellent-treated leather and textile uppers, the Old Skool MTE-1 brings an iconic Vans aesthetic to uncompromising cold weather comfort.
Whether you find yourself bagging snowcapped peaks or braving a rain-soaked commute, you can set off with confidence knowing every stitch of your equipment is intentionally placed to provide ultimate versatility. After all, we know it was never about the destination. It’s about the stories you create along your journey.
- TRACTION: The aggressive reverse waffle lug pattern is ready for variable terrain and street performance. The lugged tread pattern features a siped tire-like design for increased traction.
- THERMOREGULATION: The zonal Primaloft® Insulation package uses a high-quality microfiber thermal insulation system to mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, keeping you warm without retaining water.
- MOISTURE MANAGEMENT: The new HydroGuard Wrap provides a splash and puddle guard around the shoe and over the toe, resulting in a reliable, comfortable, breathable waterproofing system.
- COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE: A single-density UltraCush™ molded EVA footbed offers enhanced comfort and reduced weight.
- COMPOSITION: Leather, Textile
- STYLE: VN0A5I12Y28
Vans’ standard ULTRACUSH flat sheet sockliner has light, predictable cushioning and foothold for dependable comfort.
HydroGuard’s waterproof membrane operates and performs similarly to other waterproofing technologies. Billions of microscopic pores cover the membrane, which provides dependable waterproof properties. These pores are too small for water droplets to pass through, but the perfect size to allow water vapor molecules from internal moisture escape.
Originally developed for the U.S. Army, their high-quality microfiber thermal insulation systems mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, and have become synonymous with cold weather comfort. PrimaLoft fabric has millions of air pockets that actually trap and preserve body heat, and also contain fibers that are treated so that they don’t retain water.