Market leading cleaner designed to revitalize water repellency and breathability of waterproof gear. Easy to use in your washing machine or by hand, non flammable and PFC free.
For cleaning rain and ski clothing.
- Technical cleaner for rain and snow clothing and synthetic insulated gear
- Cleans effectively, restores water repellency and revives breathability
- Revives the performance of your gear, keeping you warmer and drier
- Recommended for Gore-Tex®, Windstopper®, eVent® and all other waterproof, windproof and fleece clothing and gear
Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. Nikwax Tech Wash® will revitalize the DWR and therefore breathability of your garment.
When we work hard, we sweat. The evaporation of sweat cools us down and keeps us comfortable. But, when it's wetr outside we want to avoid getting wet, so we put on waterproof outerwear to keep us dry.
The waterproof fabric must allow moisture vapour to pass through it, or 'breathe'; otherwise our sweat cannot evaporate, causing us to overheat and get wet from condensation. Additionally, if the outer fabric of your garment absorbs water and ‘wets out’ its breathability will be reduced, causing you to feel clammy and wet.
Nikwax Tech Wash® will revitalize the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) preventing water absorption, maintaining breathability and keeping you dry and comfortable.
Your waterproof clothing and equipment could be soaking up water because the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) has been compromised by dirt, or because it has been cleaned with a conventional laundry detergent. Dirt attracts water and household detergents leave water attracting (hydrophilic) residues, leading to fabric 'wetting out' in wet or damp conditions.
If your waterproof clothing or equipment is relatively new, or recently treated with a Nikwax waterproofer, then cleaning with Nikwax Tech Wash® will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt and residues left behind by household detergents, but also revitalize DWR.
WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE REGULARE LAUNDRY DETERGENT
Conventional laundry detergents leave behind a water attractive (hydrophilic) residue which masks the Durable Water Repellency (DWR), causing fabrics to absorb water and ‘wet out’ in damp or wet conditions. Therefore, they need to be avoided when cleaning waterproof clothing and equipment.
Products that claim to clean and waterproof at the same time are generally not very effective cleaners and may seal in dirt.
Use Nikwax Tech Wash® to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment safely, revitalize DWR and breathability.
Nikwax Tech Wash® is the market leader; it has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof fabrics.
Nikwax Tech Wash® is a highly effective cleaner. Additionally it will revitalize existing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and revive breathability. It is the safe way to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment.
Application in a washing machine is quick, easy, and ensures that the whole garment is thoroughly cleaned.
HOW TO USE
Use undiluted Tech Wash® and a sponge, or soft nylon brush, to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
1. Place maximum 6 garments in washing machine.
2. After the machine has filled, 5floz/150ml for 1-3 garments, 8floz/250ml for 4-6 garments. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
3. Set cycle to Heavy and Warm. 1-3 items: low water level, 4-6 items: medium water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
1. Remove all detergent from detergent dispenser.
2. Place maximum of 2 garments in washing machine.
3. Add 3floz/100ml of Tech Wash®. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
4. Set cycle to Synthetics and Warm (30oC).