Designed for done-in-a-day, cold-weather alpine missions where moving fast and taking less is essential, the Fitz Roy Down Hoody is a packable, midweight belay hoody with 800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272). The purchase of Responsible Down Standard certified products demonstrates demand for better animal welfare practices in the down and feather supply chain. Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory.
Light and durable recycled nylon shell with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) provides weather protection and is soft to the touch
800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272) provides high-loft warmth in an ultrapackable midweight layer
Alpine helmet–compatible hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar
Center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with an internal storm flap
External Pocket Features
Two handwarmer and two external, zippered chest pockets allow for easy access while belaying; self-stuffs into left-front pocket
Internal Pocket Features
Large internal catch-all pocket with elasticized opening allows for easy storage
Soft, elasticized stitching at cuffs and dual-adjust cord-lock system at hem seal out the elements; made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory
Country of Origin
Made in Vietnam.
485 g (17.1 oz)
- Shell: 1.1-oz 20-denier Pertex® Quantum 100% recycled nylon downproof ripstop with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals)
- Lining: Pertex® Quantum 0.8-oz 10-denier NetPlus® 100% postconsumer recycled nylon ripstop made from recycled fishing nets to help reduce ocean plastic pollution; with a PFC-free DWR finish
- Insulation: 800-fill-power 100% Responsible Down Standard down certified by Control Union (CU 880272)
- Shell and lining fabrics are certified as bluesign® approved
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ factory
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash Cold, Do Not Bleach, Tumble Dry Low, Do Not Iron, For Best Results Dry With 2 Tennis Balls
- Regular fit
*Chest is usually the best size predictor. However, if your hip measurement is larger, consider buying the size indicated for your hips.